Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Can See Clearly Now


While looking into the Evernote browser extension for Chrome, I ran across another Evernote product called Clearly. Not only does Clearly allow the reader to clip and highlight articles, but it also makes them much easier to read. I have ADHD, and reading online has always been a problem for me because articles are usually presented either surrounded by ads and links or in tiny single spaced font. Clearly strips away all the distracting aspects and presents the text in an easily readable manner. I think this could be especially helpful for a student who is easily distracted read an article online, or even help print better handouts from an online article that does not have a specific print view. Honestly I think this will help me a lot, and I'm really glad I ran across it!
Before
After


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this feature! I too have difficulty reading webpages due to the visual clutter, but this reader makes it easily accessible for those of us who need simple and focused. I often use the "reader" feature on my iPhone when reading webpages, but this is great when I need to read on my laptop! Thanks for sharing this special feature that can help differentiate our needs.

Unknown said...

Evelyn, I love this tool. I will definitely be writing this down for future use. I think that this is especially great for trying to print articles from a website. This would be great to use for students because they will be able to focus on what is important instead of looking at the adds or sidebars that may be printed on the page.

Carmen Palmer said...

I just commented on an Evernote post, and now here I am with Clearly. Clearly, a trend. I appreciate both apps and will check in to Clearly right now and report back soon. Love all these "lifehacker" tricks!

Heidi Cleveland said...

Thank you for sharing this! I'm sure it will help my daughter focus when she does web research. I surely won't miss animated graphics advertising one weird old trick for losing belly fat!

Clarity is one of the reasons I like Feedly, especially on the iPad. It organizes my feeds as if they were in a newspaper with clean lines.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this Evelyn. Like you, and many others, I have a difficult time reading online articles for all the reasons previously mentioned. I did not like our Flat Classroom book for that very reason - it was very difficult for me to read.
I am going to bookmark this site and will surely use it for those students who need clean, clear layouts in order to get through reading the text.

Post a Comment